Thursday, September 27, 2012

Relics with Magic? Oh My! Congrats Renee!

Dude...doesn't this sound freaking abso-tively fantastic? 



September 27, 2012
Children's:
Young Adult 
Debut author Renee Collins' RELIC, pitched as True Grit meets The Prestige, set in a world in which the remains of long-extinct magical creatures are mined and traded on the black market in the red rock desert of the Colorado Territory for their residual magic powers, where a young girl must learn how to harness the power of relics and forge a risky alliance with a local land baron in order to survive, to Stacy Abrams at Entangled, by Mollie Glick at Foundry Literary + Media.
Foreign rights: rhecht@foundrymedia.com
 


Yes. Yes, it does. Because it is.

I adore this book and my lovely friend Renee Collins has been sitting on this exciting news for awhile now.

Here is her picture:


See? I told you, she's lovely. :) Anyway, I'm so happy for her and I love this book. I can't wait to see it in print. Everyone go stop by her announcement and congratulate her. Throw confetti! Clink Glasses! Don't confuse the two...throwing glasses hurts.

Congrats, Renee! Love you, girl!

13 comments:

  1. Jenn, have I told you lately that I love you? :) Because I do. You're the best. Thank you SO, SO much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it makes me happy that you said it again. ;-) You're very welcome!

      Delete
  2. I've been following Renee's story since before she got an agent so it's been a long time coming and I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER!!!!! (...not that she knows but) SQUEEEE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - it sounds amazing! Though I'm a little envious, because it sounds like you got to read it already, and we have to wait to get our hands on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally did, Caryn. And you should be envious. SO. GOOD.

      Delete
  4. Yay for Ren and RELIC! So happy we finally all get to celebrate her good news with the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ren & RELIC...like they were made to be together. :)

      Delete
  5. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    THREE CHEERS FOR RENEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound like a fantastic novel. Congrats to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Renee!!! Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to her!! Entangled has been pumping out some great books!

    ReplyDelete