Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Books I Love for 12-12-12

Since today is 12-12-12, I thought it would be fun to do a list of the twelve books that pop to the top of my head when I think of (mostly)YA & MG that I loved.

Note:(I disqualified any books that aren't out yet. Including 13's would make this WAY too hard!)

And so, in no particular order:

1 - Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
2 - Elliot and the Goblin War by Jennifer A. Nielsen
3 - Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
4 - Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris
5 - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
6 - Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
7 - The Kill Order by James Dashner
8 - Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - not to be confused with French Kiss Anna, fyi--very different ;-)
9 - Ten by Gretchen McNeil
10 - Everneath by Brodi Ashton
11 - I Am Not A Serial Killer - Dan Wells
12 - Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

What about you? What are the first 12 books-you-loved that pop in your head today?

P.S. Did you miss my post on Monday? Will you (or someone you know) be querying anytime in the next 6 months? I'll be posting query critiques every Friday starting in January! More info here.

6 comments:

  1. Have you read THE FALSE PRINCE by Jennifer A Neilson? Sooo good!! :)

    My 12 on 12-12-12:
    1. Sloppy Firsts
    2. Speak
    3. City of Bones
    4. Harry Potter
    5. Trumpet of the Swan
    6. Hex Hall
    7. If I Stay
    8. What Happens Next
    9. Born Wicked
    10. Island of the Blue Dolphins
    11. The Mixed Up Files of mrs Basil E Frankweiler
    12. Cricket in Times Square

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's on my shelf! So excited to dig into that one. My son read it already and absolutely LOVED it! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this list. I'm bad at picking favorites-it's often what I'm currently reading.
    These are the 1st that came to mind
    1. The Fault of Our Stars
    2. The Forest of Hands and Teach
    3. Matched
    4. The Hero and the Crown
    5. The Scorpio Races
    6. Anna and the French Kiss
    7. Danny and the Champion of the World
    8. Jacob Have I Loved
    9. Mistborn
    10. Book of a Thousand Days
    11. Icefall
    12. The Wednesday Wars

    Also-LOVE the Mixed up files and Bad Taste in Boys. So many incredible books out there.

    Fun idea. I posted on 12.12.12 too-but 12 number fact about 12-did you know 12 is a sublime number? I didn't even know there were sublime numbers until this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so many books to add to my list! :) Matched is awesome. I'm dying to read The Fault of Our Stars! :)

      I did NOT know there were sublime numbers. Well, that makes today even cooler.

      Delete
  3. We have the same taste in books! Am now scribbling down the few from your list that I HAVEN'T read yet because I have a feeling I will love them. Such a cool idea. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have excellent taste, Kristi. ;-)

      Delete