Monday, December 17, 2012

Teen Author Boot Camp!

In March, I'm teaching a class at a writing conference, but it's not just any conference...it's a conference exclusively for TEEN writers!

And I can't wait!

Plus, there are some freaking cool people participating. Some of the other Drill Sergeants (as they call us) are: Kiersten White, Aprilynne Pike, Janette Rallison, Marion Jensen, Tyler Whitesides, J. Scott Savage--I could go on and on with other Sergeants, and this list would never cease to be awesome.

On top of all that, the keynote speaker is Shannon Hale...Face it, this list just crossed the line into epic.




Here are a few more details on the conference.


When: Saturday, March 16, 2013
From: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (registration begins at 8 a.m.)
Where: Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah
Who: Teens ages 13-19, no adults allowed :)
Cost: $49 before February 16th, 2013, $59 after
Includes: tuition, lunch, t-shirt, backpack, unlimited drinks, snacks, entrance to the writing contest, and more.

In conjunction with the conference is a first-chapter writing contest for attending teens. A prize ($100 value) will be awarded to first prize in both the Jr. High and High School categories. And really, who doesn't like winning?

Anyway, I just wanted to help spread the word. If you have any teen writers in your lives, I'm thinking: SWEET Christmas present! :)

You can find more details here.

And don't forget to submit your query for my Forging Fridays to get a critique!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I know a teen writer or two... yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Hope to see them at the conference! :)

      Delete
  2. That is so awesome Jenn!!! Now I need one of my kids to have the same desire to write like I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shucks! Makes me wish I was a teenager again so I could go... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm like...can I go to other classes instead of teaching pretty please? :)

      Delete
    2. ME TOO! I was seriously feeling sulky that I've grown out of the teenage years almost a decade ago!! But I did send this link to a teenage friend! I think she would love it so I hope she comes.

      Delete