Monday, January 14, 2013

ARCs, Conferences & Blurbs--Oh My!

Some of you may have seen on Facebook or Twitter, but I received my ARCs! 

Squee! Look at the stunning creepiness of them! :) I know it's hard to believe, but these are even cooler in person. Staring at them is the most incredible experience ever! It's my story, my characters, my words! In an actual book. Wow...

And that is just the beginning of the exciting news in this post.

Yes, seriously...

Because I also found out recently that my publisher will be featuring Insomnia at the ALA Midwinter Meeting this upcoming weekend in Seattle! They will have ARCs available at the Flux booth. If you'll be there, make sure to stop by and pick one up. 

AND...in the last little while, I've received THREE incredible blurbs from some stellar YA authors! I can't even believe it. It's surreal.

"Cleverly written and dangerously dark, Insomnia will take you to the brink of insanity. A must read for thriller and romance fans alike." 
-- ELANA JOHNSON, author of Possession

"Completely unputdownable. I've decided to nickname Johansson 'Scary McScarypants,' because she spooked me in all the best ways. Who do I have to bribe to get book two now?!" 
-- CARRIE HARRIS, author of Bad Taste in Boys

"Insomnia is the perfect blend of everything I love in a story. Suspense, twists, characters with many levels that make me wonder just how good or just how bad they really are. I highly recommend this book to everyone and I hope a sequel comes soon!" 
-- JAMES DASHNER, author of the #1 New York Times Bestselling Maze Runner series.


Aaahhhh...you guys! How am I supposed to focus on anything? I'm just a big ball of messy excitement over here! :) Thanks for stopping by to celebrate with me. Anything exciting happening with you?

26 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting!
    Sadly, I don't live in Seattle.
    But that's great news!
    The only exciting thing happening to me, is trying to get all of my story together (characters, settings, plot, conflicts, abilies-strengths and weekenesses, etC) and that's it.
    Oh! And accepted into college--that's very exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accepted into college?! That's awesome! Congratulations! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG, this is all such amazing news! I'm dancing around with you! Congrats, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous is this?? Those are some fantastic authors to get quotes from, too! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WEEE JENN!! This is all SO fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going to Seattle then? My agent Sarah Davies will be there. I seriously toyed with going but my bro is getting married. Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not. Actually, I'll be on a cruise that weekend, so my publicist will be pimping it out for me. :) All the perks, none of the stress + a beach. I totally win.

      Delete
  6. Love the blurbs!!! SO excited for you and your upcoming release! *does happy dance*

    Can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I'll be there can't wait to pick up a copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! So happy to hear that, Audra! Let me know if you get one! :)

      Delete
  8. Your enthusiasm is palpable! I'm so excited for this book--even if it means I won't be able to sleep for weeks afterwards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Katie! :) I can't wait to hear what you think.

      Delete
  9. Those blurbs are freaking awesome! And the book is so fun to see from all angles! Squee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Laura! Can't wait to show you in person! :)

      Delete
  10. Sigh. LOVE your blurbs! I can't wait to hold a copy of INSOMNIA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know how excited I am for ALL of your news. In case I don't squee at you enough on the phone, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Seeing it written down is fun too though! :) thanks, Candi!

      Delete
  12. I am SO LATE on this, but YAYYYYYY FOR ARCS!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK IT'S YOUR BOOK!!!!!!!!!! It's so pretty and big!!!!! I can't wait to read it - whenever I get the chance to. Congrats!!! :D

    ReplyDelete