Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Book Birthday, PROPHECY!


Today is the release day for PROPHECY by fellow Thirteener and fantastic human being, Ellen Oh. First, the cover. I mean...I really don't have to say anything. The smoky dragon does it all. Love it!

I got an early sneak peek at this book while it was on a Thirteener ARC tour and absolutely loved it. There are so many things that are fantastic about it, but it's the unconventionality that I loved the most. I loved all the Asian flair to it. It was so refreshing to see a teenage girl who was not only obedient to her parents, but it didn't make her a wuss and she didn't whine about it in private. Kira is strong. There is no doubt about that, but she also knows when someone is giving her good advice or direction. I respect that about her so much. I also love that there is a touch of romance, but it isn't the focal point of the story in any way. And the evolution of not only Kira, but the other characters is so good from beginning to end.

Anyway, love this book. Love Ellen. Happy day. :)

Also, over on Friday the Thirteeners, the stunningly talented Natalie Whipple is showing off her skills with some great fanart for PROPHECY. AND Elsie Chapman is celebrating with a hilarious PROPHECY post on The Lucky 13s! So much book birthday love today! Go stop by and check it out!

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read this one. Way excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenn! You are so awesome to support me and Prophecy like this! I give you big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! :) Thanks for popping by on your big day.

      Delete
  3. Great post! I'm adding this to my 2013 reading list.

    Happy book day, Ellen Oh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it! Thanks for the comment, Melissa!

      Delete