Monday, February 11, 2013

Conference Love: LTUE!

I will be spending the second half of this week at a local conference known as LTUE (Life, the Universe, & Everything). It was the first conference I ever attended and it's one of my absolute favorites for several reasons:

First - it's VERY budget friendly (and who doesn't like that?)

Second - it's one of the absolute best places to people watch (I could tell you about some of the things I've seen, but to be honest, you wouldn't believe me).

Third - All my writer buddies come out to play and we always have SO much fun. 

This will be my second year as a panelist and I'll be on two panels.

On Thursday at 4:00p.m. -
Finding the Right Market for Your YA Book
Jenn "J.R." Johansson, Peggy Eddleman, Renee Collins, Kristen Landon, Tracy Hickman, Megan Whalen Turner


And on Friday at 1:00p.m. -
Scare ‘em While They’re Young
Jenn "J.R." Johansson, Patricia K. Castelli, Mikey Brooks, Steve Diamond, J. Scott Savage



These are some fantastic topics with some incredible authors! I'm thrilled to be among them! I'll also be doing a reading from INSOMNIA at some point, but I don't know the exact time on that yet.

One more thing: I'll be giving away an ARC of INSOMNIA over the weekend to one lucky LTUE attendee. I am coming up with a fun plan to figure out who will get it. It will most likely involve Twitter and dreams... Intrigued? So am I. :) Stay tuned!

Will you be attending LTUE this week? You can find more information on it here. If you're going to be in Utah, you should come. Otherwise I heard there is some kind of nightmarish plague to be placed on you...or something. But I could be making that up, guess we'll see...

*cue Twilight Zone music here*

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the people watching thing. I went last year for the first time and was not prepared for the nerd fest. Hehe. I won't make it this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sad you won't be coming! You shall be missed. :(

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy LTUE. It's a much more relaxed atmosphere (sometimes too relaxed) and it's great for doing what you want and wandering away when you want without feeling bad because it's also pretty dirt cheap. ;)

    Sorry I missed your panel today but I'll see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete