Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Slice of Insomnia - Lucky 13's Book Blitz

A few weeks ago, my Lucky 13s group did a fun Book Blitz on twitter. It was a blast. Random people tweeted page numbers and we posted lines from our books on those pages. It ended up being a lot of fun.

Today, for a fun little totally random slice of the book. I thought I'd post all the lines from Insomnia that came up during the blitz.




Pg 93: "She'll never be interested if you don't stop acting like Ted-freaking-Bundy!" --Finn

Pg 100: The only chance I had to make up for what I'd done to Mia was to save her.

Pg 23: The sporting goods store always smelled like a gigantic rubber ball dipped in pine-scented cleaner.

Last page: "Make sure someone totally ripped plays me in the movie." --Finn

Pg 4: Her blood spilled from the triangle of wounds through her shirt and onto the floral sheets.

Pg 20: He was a twelve-year-old, dressed up as Superman, battling a giant bunch of broccoli.

Pg 77: Pure fear filled my body from toes to eyebrows and I regretted the single violent thought I'd had against her.

Pg 56: "Come to the dark side. We have cookies." --Finn's shirt

Pg 102: "Although a very strong argument could be made for a padded cell and a white jacket these days." --Parker

Pg 99: We were divided. I was separated from everyone else.

Pg 34: "I half-expected a stuntman from the way you were driving, but apparently you're a rocket scientist..." --Mia

1st page: I groaned under my breath, sexy mom dreams are *really* not my thing.

Pg 155: If that fire was a memory, especially a recent one, she would need all the therapy she could get.

Pg 220: 'My addiction is you?" Man, that phrase had 'Things a Serial Killer Would Say' written all over it. --Parker

Pg 300: "And I'm the one who has to live with not knowing if I killed him, Addie--me." --Parker

Pg 171: She cried on the swing, her tiny body trembling and one long curl tangled up in the chain as the sky exploded around her.

Pg 10: I was ready to handle her the way I always did--with distraction. 


This time I added the character that spoke the lines that are dialogue, just for a little more information. Which line most intrigues you? Why?

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. All I know is I think I'm really going to like Finn, lol. And sexy mom dreams--love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark side has COOKIES? Well, then...
    Seriously, Jenn, I can't wait to read it!
    Congrats on the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beyond excited for this book. And now it's worse haha :)

    ReplyDelete