Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Book Birthday to Natalie Whipple & Transparent!

I am SO happy today to celebrate the release of an amazing book by my dear friend, Natalie Whipple!

Happy Book Birthday, Transparent!


*pets* *Stares at the pretty*

The cover is incredible. Possibly one of my favorites of the entire year...but it's so much more than the cover. This book guys...this book is awesome. I love the characters. Fiona is damaged, vulnerable and so tough. I love that kind of combination. The story is filled with bad guys, good guys, and hot guys (Ooh la la) The writing is excellent and the plot line is SO good. She takes the typical idea of invisibility and spins it like a top until you can't see it the same way ever again.

Here is the blurb from Transparent's page on Goodreads:

Plenty of teenagers feel invisible. Fiona McClean actually is.


An invisible girl is a priceless weapon. Fiona’s own father has been forcing her to do his dirty work for years—everything from spying on people to stealing cars to breaking into bank vaults.

After sixteen years, Fiona’s had enough. She and her mother flee to a small town, and for the first time in her life, Fiona feels like a normal life is within reach. But Fiona’s father isn’t giving up that easily.

Of course, he should know better than anyone: never underestimate an invisible girl.

My favorite description of this book though, is X-men meets The Godfather. I mean, seriously...how can you not want that? You really can't.

So, here you can order a shiny lovely copy for your very own!

And one more time...

Happy Book Birthday, Natalie! I'm thrilled for you! You and your book are going to knock people's socks off and leave them BEGGING for more!


~~~

Oh, and I'm over at Emma Pass's blog today discussing my favorite part about writing Insomnia! Come stop by and see & enter to win a NookHD!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Natalie! What a big, exciting day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAY! Transparent! I've been sooooo excited to read this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a fantastic cover! I'm so excited to read this one!

    ReplyDelete