Wednesday, June 12, 2013

5 Release Facts I've Learned + More Blog Stops

I'm crazy busy with release stuff, plus prepping for my Launch Party which is less than a week away!! *happy dance*

So I thought I'd do a quick Things I've Learned post today and then send you on your way to more INSOMNIA blog tour posts that are out there right now.

5. The last 3 months before release are mad crazy. I'd heard this and felt prepared for it...I still vastly underestimated.

4. Brains do not work in a pressure cooker. I can't count the number of household possessions I've forgotten about and/or left in various locations throughout my state. My launch party will now end with a massive scavenger hunt.

3. There is such a thing as saying 'Yes' too much. I agreed to do every interview that I was asked to do...I am not saying I regret it. I'm saying I need a nap.

2. Cupcakes can fix anything. Bad review? cupcake. Computer glitch is causing issues? cupcake. Haven't figured out launch party presentation yet? cupcake...in separate and totally unrelated news, I will now be on a diet for the rest of time.

1. There is nothing in this world like seeing something you created in your mind on a shelf in a bookstore...literally nothing. I've never been so ecstatic and so stunned as when I stared at it and realized that it had actually happened...yes, a cupcake helps with this also.


So there you have it. Proof that I do indeed learn things. Which of these facts surprise you the most?

Stop by the My Friends Are Fiction blog stop where I discuss my favorite scary books.

And don't forget to stop by the Divergent Gryffindor blog stop where my Insomnia Dream-Cast will be facing off against Kim's Insomnia Dream-Cast. It will be epic.

Also, you can still comment on Kendare Blake's or Jessica Spotswood's blogs where all you have to do is comment to enter to win a signed copy of Insomnia! These are TWO separate giveaways! :) So the odds are...uh...ever in your favor! Go enter!

10 comments:

  1. I don't know what surprises me most, but the cupcakes are the least surprising :) I hope you have an awesome launch party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think it surprised me the most, but I'm 3 months 12 days from launch, and your #5 TERRIFIES ME.

    Best of luck with everything! (Especially getting that nap. ;)) You are going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I got our interview up and ready to go for tomorrow. Make sure you rest it up, so you can fully enjoy that book being out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm ... cupcakes. :) Yeah, I know how it is to answer all those interview questions. It's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup... cupcakes cures all ails... they should be free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I help out with blogging for reviews on book tours and so I can atest to how stressful it can be to get things done but I could only imagine promoting something that was your own work. It has to be nerve racking...sooo..like you said cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with you about cupcakes, but in a pinch I've found that a twinkie or a zinger will work, too. Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you sure brains don't work in a pressure cooker? Maybe you need a new pressure cooker. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOTALLY agree with you about cupcakes. This post made me laugh - glad you're able to take it all in stride! Congratulations on the launch - I'm really looking forward to reading your book and plan to pick it up VERY soon! (I've actually mentioned that I was eagerly awaiting it in two separate blog posts).

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cupcakes definitely fix everything. There'd be a lot less war if there were more cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete