Friday, June 7, 2013

In Which INSOMNIA Releases and I Flail and Blubber...


LOOK! It's my book. It's all grown up and out in the world! It's the teenager that keeps pushing me away and is embarrassed when I smooth its hair. And people can buy it, and I'm a published author, and over on my widget there are no numbers, it just says "Available Now" because it is available, because I write books, and people can read them...and...and...and I'm totally sitting here crying as I write this because there were so many minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years that I NEVER thought I'd get here. And here I am and...



And I'm an author and I don't even care that the above paragraph contained the longest, most ridiculous run-on sentence in all creation. It was a very happy-making sentence. That's all that matters to me right now.

So please celebrate with me because dreams do not come true every day. And they shouldn't. Dreams shouldn't be easy or they aren't worth it. They should be hard, excruciating, exhausting and make you want to give up every other step. A dream shouldn't be the hill at the end of the street, it should be the massive, daunting, dangerous mountain that everyone else looks at, laughs, shakes their head and walks away.

But I started the trek up my mountain. On the way, I fell down. I bled. I held on when I felt like I might plummet back down to where I started, I kept moving forward and never turned back.

Today I reached the top, and that is worth some serious celebrating.




You can order your brand new shiny copy of MY BOOK, Insomnia, at any of the places in the right side bar. :)

31 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAAY!! CONGRATS!! AND YAYAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy book birthday, Jenn! So excited to finally read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!
    And EVERYONE should go buy this book. It is sooooooo well done and soooooooo creepy! It makes you doubt reality and very few books manage that.
    So, go make Jenn happy-dance again and buy her book1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I <3 this comment! thank you so much, Sara!

      Delete
  4. SOOO happy for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *dances*

    INSOMNIA IS AAALLLLIIIIIVVVVEE

    Congrats, woman :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Jenn!! Cannot wait to get my own copy! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!!!!!! This is so exciting!!! I can't wait to get my hands on a finished copy!!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kimberly! :) I'm so so happy!

      Delete
  8. Best. Day. Ever. You deserve ALL THE THINGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE AMAZING! Thank you for making all this possible. You're the best partner/agent/genius a girl could have. :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats Jenn! Enjoy your new status as a PUBLISHED author:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! It's release day! This book ROCKS so it's been worth the long, long wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you!!! I would be a blubbering mess too. I'm tossing you a virtual pat on the back right this minute. Congrats for making your dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Insomnia looks awesome. Congratulations!!!

    -Amber Terry-

    ReplyDelete