Monday, June 10, 2013

Release Day Pictures - And The Fun Continues!



I have release day pictures! It was so much fun!



The day started off with amazing amounts of happy congratulations from all over twitter and Facebook. (thank you everyone again!)



Then I received these lovely flowers from two very good writer friends - Kasie West and Candi Kennington. Aren't they beautiful?





My family and I went out to dinner at an amazing restaurant named The Chef's Table and it was amazing...my mouth is still watering.














I mean...seriously. This is the dessert. It's a double fudge brownie with a pecan pie topping, ice cream and fruit.

Mmmmmm...








Then we went to my local Barnes and Noble where we found MY BOOK! Right there on the shelf! And then there was laughing and crying and happy dancing. They had me sign them and put that cute little autograph sticker on them.




(Extremely) Dorky Author photo :)








And then I got these lovely debut author celebration presents from my lovely friend Sara Raasch.

*I seriously have the best friends in the world*







This is a clay mini-Parker that Sara made for me.

I love him more than I've ever loved anything made of clay.

That's a lot.






And today I'm having a girls' day celebration with Sara, Natalie Whipple, and Michelle Argyle.







Needless to say, so far, I 'm LOVING this whole release celebration thing. :)


And the fun continues - There is one more week of the release blog tour and you can still get entries for the Ten Books and Ten Critiques giveaways!

15 comments:

  1. So exciting, Jenn! I made the HUGE mistake of reading your book yesterday (finally!) including at night...which meant I stayed up until 1:30 am to finish because it was so good. And because how could I sleep at all until the scary was done? *shivers* Who knew my house made so many freaky noises at night, lol. LOVED IT, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah...scary noises at night are the worst! ;-) Glad you loved it!

      Delete
  2. First off, congrats!!!!! It most be so exciting for you :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a really lame friend for not giving you a gift. :( :( :( But perhaps I can still pull something together for tonight, or at least for your launch party! Love you, Jenn! And I'm so proud of everything you've accomplished and are still accomplishing! Your launch is going to rock!

    And I really, really, really want to eat at Chef's Table now. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not lame, silly. You're awesome! :) And YES it's SO good!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful release day. Thanks for sharing it with us and congrats again on such a wonderful, page-turning thriller:D Finding INSOMNIA at B&N must have been surreal. Also, now I'm hungry-lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was surreal...and incredible. My release day was amazing. :)

      Delete
  5. That's a lot of loot. And it's all pretty. Finding INSOMNIA at B&N must have been fantastic and a little bit of a "Woaaaah" moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. INSOMNIA sure does look good up on the shelf! What a cool cover too!
    I bet it was pretty amazing seeing your work up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to see your book out on bookshelves!!! Congratulations!! The cover is amazing, so I hope they are flying off the shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to an event at Barnes and Noble tonight and saw it on the shelves! I should have taken a picture. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must be really exciting to see your novel on a shelf in a book store! I'd celebrate all day! Thank you for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the release of your book! I so look forward to reading it! Infact if I could I'd grab the book from the photos! Alas that cannot happen! So I'd wait for it to hit my bookstores and buy it!! Or if I am lucky I'd win the awesome Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just realised I never congratulated you on Insomnia's release! Belated but heartfelt congratulations! I feel very envious (in a positive and inspiring way) - hope one day I can celebrate a book release as well! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy new release....insomnia sounds a great book :)

    ReplyDelete